Friday, January 28, 2011

Integrity of Heart and Skillful Hands!

Wow! What great services are occurring at The Vine. The testimonies are numerous and glorify what God is doing in the lives of Vine members. It is encouraging to see God moving here at the Vine. His presence and activity are evident. That is a sure sign of a healthy, living Spirit filled church! I am believing God for more of His presence and revelation of His love for us.

I am thankful we are a church that:

(1) is scripturally sound,
(2) is stable and loving,
(3) has Godly, moral leadership,
(4) is exalting Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and
(5) making a reasonable effort to minister to all and their families!

I am thankful for how blessed we are to have a healthy church like that. I have ministered here for 20 years with that in my mind. The Lord called me here to shepherd His people. I have always endeavored to keep that call foremost in my mind everyday!

He chose David his servant and took him from the sheep pens; from tending the sheep he brought him to be the shepherd of his people Jacob, of Israel his inheritance. And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them. Ps 78:70-72 NIV

That scripture is my daily prayer!

No comments: