Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Time to Renew This Blog--

Well, it certainly has been awhile since I posted here. I got caught up in social media and left this blog behind. My regrets!

A lot has occurred in my life.

I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer last year and had surgery in Dec, 2014. The good news is I am cancer free.

I retired from the church where I Pastored for 25 years on April 1, 2015.

I  became full time Executive Director of Liberty Fellowship this year.

I am learning to adjust to retirement. The saying goes, 'The thing about retirement is that you never get a day off!' Boy, how true!

And the good news is my wife, Debi, still loves me!

With all that said, I am renewing my efforts to help Pastors and local churches. I will be posting my own thoughts, articles that I feel are helpful to pastors, and other information.

These are critical times for pastors and churches. There is a great decline in church attendance universally (and contrary to some, it is not always the pastors fault! more on that subject later). There is the secularization of our society and it's influence on the church and congregations. Rather than the church influencing our culture, our culture is rapidly influencing us and making inroads in to the hearts and minds of our people. Some prominent Men of God and churches are acquiescing to the judicial mandates, radical environment and moral collapse of our society by changing their theological moorings.

These are things we will discuss. I hope you will join me here. Take care and God bless you!

 Checkout my FaceBook for for myself and follow link to Liberty Fellowship

Follow me on Twitter @go4crown and @kerrliberty

No comments: