Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Vacation = Great Relaxation

One reason we always go to Perdido Key is the beauty of the sugar white beaches and relaxation! It is here that I find I can relax the quickest. Chill, vegg, relax- that's what vacation is supposed to be - right?

This year was no exception to the above rule. The weather was perfect with just one rain that drove us from the beach. We enjoyed every minute of it.

We visited the Original Oyster House restaurant in Gulf Shores (pic below, click on pics for larger images), and the Shrimp Basket. We also cooked some outstanding dishes such as Shrimp and Cheese Grits and Spicy Tilapia. We have great chefs in our family!We also had a visit with a dear friend, Sandy Carter. I had emailed her that we would be there about the time she was setting up household in Pensacola. She didn't get it, but called one morning on my cell to let us know her new home number. I told her where we were. She said she was just 2 miles from there and we invited her to have breakfast with us. Debi fixed her delicious Caramel Pancakes. We had a great visit and got to see her house plus daughters Rachel and Anna. Sandy will be dividing her time between there and Nicaragua. She is a great woman of God with a dynamic work in Nicaragua!So, that is how we spent our vacation- we are home now and back to the wonderful Saints at Vine Fellowship.

A great big thanks of apprecation to a wonderful staff who took care of everything and preached in my absence. I am a blessed man!

1 comment:

Rob said...

The beach picture is killing me! On the beach with nothing else you have to do...that is truly the ultimate vacation. I wanna go now!

Glad ya'll had a great time and really glad you are back.