Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Matter of Maintaining Integrity-

I recently ministered on the subject of Integrity. It was somewhat in response to a previous post entitled 'Another Black Eye!'

As Pastors the most important character quality we have is our integrity and trust. We lose that, and we lose. Old saying, 'after you have lost honor, what is left?' Obviously nothing!

In my preparation I ran across a quote by Robin Williams who had committed himself into an alcohol treatment center after being on a private drinking binge of three years. He thought he could stop but found out he couldn't do it alone.

This is what he said,

'I was violating my standards faster than I could lower them.'

We need to make sure that we don't allow anything to begin to erode away our integrity or cause us to lower our standards. When we lose them, we have lost all!

No comments: