Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I'd Rather Have Jesus!

Jesus deserves our sole attention. Nothing else should even come close to demanding our allegiance.

A young man was seated next to his girl in church one Sunday and his intentions were more upon her than upon the message. Leafing through his hymnal till he found what he wanted, he placed it in her lap and pointed to the hymn: "I need thee every hour."She took the hymnal and searched until she found the appropriate hymn to respond: "I’d rather have Jesus."

The song writer wrote:
I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold
I’d rather be His than have riches untold
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands
I’d rather be led by His nail scared hand

Nothing else should even come close to demanding our attention. We need to continue to fix our eyes and hearts on Jesus; He alone is truly the lover of our souls.

A song writer said it this way:
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of His glory and grace."

He has invited us into His life. How can we refuse?

No comments: