Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Most Extraordinary Wife!

I have been reflecting on the most extraordinary wife of all time! My wife Debi!

Proverbs has something to say about an amazing wife and mother, "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” " Prov 31.28-29; (read 10-31).

With this in mind I decided to tell the world what I think about Debi and what I have discovered over these 39 years of marriage:

Her demeanor- she remains constant in her outlook on life. She is not a fair weather type of person that fluctuates often and you never know what you are going to get from one day to the next or, one minute to next for that matter. Her disposition is rosy all the time! Her outlook on life is bright.

Her friendship- She is not a fair weather friend either; when she is being dissed, criticized, rebuked, ignored, others preferred over her, she remains friendly no matter how she is being treated.

Her faithfulness- She honors her word, she honors the Lord, she honors me, and she honors her friends. There is no disloyalty to any and she doesn’t treat others how they deserve to be treated even when they have hurt her and been disloyal. She remains true to her beliefs and doesn’t change just to be part of an ‘in crowd!’ She has not broken her ‘vows’ before God, me and others.

Her character- she doesn’t smoke, drink alcohol, take drugs, chew, curse or run in a pack of girls that do. She doesn’t use coarse language, jesting or crude joke telling. She is never rude, condescending, belittling, or makes jokes about other people. She’s not promiscuous and doesn’t chase after other men’s buns or even talk about them! She is Godly, pure, wholesome, and is the happiest person I know in this life without all the above.

Debi is truly a woman to be admired and followed as an example. She is a great life coach for our daughters (by marriage). Others who are truly wise and teachable will follow her example while only fools will use as an excuse “Well, I am not a Debi Kerr,” to continue their ruinous lifestyles and attitudes.

Debi, I admire you and I am so thankful that best of all, you have stayed with me all these years! You are simply an amazingly awesome woman! You really do surpass them all!

I love you, David

1 comment:

Carrol Liechty said...

Precious....all true..what I know....When I grow up I want to be just like Debi! Proud of you also...