Monday, April 11, 2011

The Bible is Our Headlights

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Ps 119:105 NIV

The word of God is very important in the life of a Christian. The verse above speaks volumes as to the purposes of the Bible for our daily lives. I like the Message Bible’s rendering of this verse:

By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. Ps 119:105

​Several years ago, I was travelling home at night along Kelly Elliott. I began to notice that the headlights of my car seemed to be growing dim. I went a little further, and they went out all together and my car came to a stop. There I was on Kelly Elliott without power sitting in the dark without my car headlights. It was at that point that I realized how very important headlights are on a car. I could not see the road ahead of me. The road had become completely dark. Fortunately I could not move forward because to do so would have imperiled Debi and me and the couple riding with us.

​That is what this scripture is all about. If we are to navigate the paths and roadways of life we need the word of God to illumine the way. If not, we imperil ourselves and those following us.

​The Bible helps us navigate the challenges of life and assures us we will survive!

No comments: