Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Joys of Growing Older

I have noticed a trend as one gets older. I don’t know if it will happen to you this way, but here is the progression of events:

1. You hear often about aches and pains that you have, ‘Well, at your age you can expect that!’

2. You start receiving multiple AARP letters and applications in the mail. (How did they know?)

3. Then you start receiving mail for retirement homes in your area. (How did they know?)

4. Then you receive mail for assisted living care. (How did they know?)

5. Then mail for nursing homes. (How did they know?)

6. But today was the clincher! I received a ‘free pre-paid Cremation offer!’

It looks like someone is tracking my life and already has me with one foot in the grave! Ouch!

Again, how do they know?

No comments: