Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What do you want me to do for you?

Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"…"What do you want me to do for you?" he asked. "Lord," they answered, "we want our sight." Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him. Mt 20:29-34 NIV

One thing we learn in our Christian walk is that our need will be met (Phil 4:19); but your wants you will have to go get- go after! The two blind men went after Jesus for what He had- the power to heal them! Peter had to get out of the boat to go get what Jesus had! He wanted it- he went for it!

It is said of Joshua and the elders in dealing with the Gibeonites that they failed to ask of the Lord: “The men of Israel looked them over and accepted the evidence. But they didn't ask God about it.” Jos 9:14 TMB

Too many times we fail to get our wants because we fail to ask of the Lord. Listen, it is not wrong to ask of the Lord. James said, “You do not have, because you do not ask God.” Jas 4:2 NIV

Please don’t get hung up on ‘asking amiss or incorrectly’ as some teach, just ask! James is the same writer who said if you were sick to call for the elders to pray over you to be healed! (James 5:14)

Ask to be healed! I am rejoicing over Brad’s healing and I am rejoicing with Trey (a fellow blogger) on his anniversary of being healed of cancer; “…today on May 6th, I celebrate my life being cancer free.” My note- 5 years!

The Lord asks today “What do you want me to do for you?” Ask of God dear friend!

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

David, thanks for the shout out my friend. I'm so grateful that there were so many lifting me up in prayer.

Blessings