Monday, April 20, 2009

Heavenly Attitude!

I recently had a dear friend visit me. When he left, he left behind a note: “Thanks for your friendship! Your attitude about life and the way you treat those who have hurt you are a classic example of true Christian love!” Wow, he must have seen me on a good day, lol!

Life is about attitude!

I struggle like all to maintain a good attitude. Whether it is someone cutting me off in traffic, an inconsiderate church member ‘killing me softly’ with his words, a disrespectful staff member, a condemnation of the enemy, the list could go on and on… I try to recover by keeping a right attitude! Sometimes it takes me longer than others, but recover one must!

Charles R. Swindoll made this statement about Attitude: "This may shock you, but I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude is that `single string’ that keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there’s no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me."

Col 3:2 Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ — that's where the action is. See things from his perspective. TMB

In all of this I try to remember to set my mind (attitude) on things above. It seems to help me keep that proper heavenly perspective in relation to things happening around me!

No comments: