Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nicaragua-


This was posted on another site-Oct. 26, 2005

This morning I was reflecting on the missions trip that Debi and me went on with other members of our church in the summer of 2005.

It had been awhile since I had been on a trip of this nature. I did frequent trips as Assistant director of Globe Missionary Evangelism (http://www.gme.org/). I made some occasional trips to Germany and Scotland since my time here as Pastor, but mainly stayed by the stuff.

I was all I anticipated it to be- the sights, sounds, and smells. It assaulted the senses. We entered into a world of neglect, need, and necessity. For some on this trip it was the first time out of the country and into a place like this. They were confronted with fear and fright. As time marched on each dealt with their issues and rose to the task assigned us everyday that we were there. I was so very proud of them and Brooke who led the team.

It made me realize what a spoiled and rotten group of Christians we have become in the US. We are critics, complainers, coarse, and crabby in the church. We have forgotten what life is all about. We think it is about us. We are a sorry representation of the Kingdom of God.

I was awakened to my own self-centered and selfish ways in a land of plenty. It was all about Pastor David. Lord help me keep your perspective of the world. Let me live as a Kingdom man and not for myself. Please forgive me.

Special thanks to a special Lady, Sandy Carter- http://www.childrenofdestinynicaragua.org

No comments: