Monday, January 30, 2006

Texas Hold 'Em- Got 'Em


I knew I had their attention when I mentioned the amount of time they spend playing Texas Hold 'Em.

My wife and I were teaching the Young Marrieds at their Saturday night meeting. We were teaching on Parental Responsibility. We were at the point about spending quality AND quantity time with their children and spouses.

I said that you make time for what is important to you. Job, Sports, TV, and then I dropped the bomb- Texas Hold 'Em. It has become a Friday night ritual with our Young Married Men. The point I was making and did make was I hope you spend as much time during the week with your children and spouses as you do on that Friday night game night. It can last 6 or 7 hours into the early morning.

The silence was revealing and the uneasy laughs told me I had made my point!

Children are a gift from God and our spouses are to be our delight. They deserve so much more from us dads and husbands.

No comments: