Saturday, January 28, 2006

OVERWHELMED!

It started as many other Sundays with the exception that I felt I had a word that would minister to God's people in a powerful way. It was titled 'See Them No More.'

After preaching it in the first service and calling the people forward for prayer the response was overwhelming. Most of the congregation came forward. I proceeded to pray for each of them, lost my voice, and felt physically drained.

By the start of the second service my voice and strength were returning. Again I preached and again the congregation responded overwhelmingly with rows of people waiting for prayer. Again I prayed for each one, lost my voice and strength.

But the Lord spoke into my spirit, 'Well done faithful servant.' A word from my Heavenly Father has a distinct way of bringing a refreshing and strength to me. I rested that afternoon with peace and a quiet confidence in God. His love overwhelms me!

You can listen and download sermons from the Vine Fellowship.

No comments: