Saturday, April 08, 2006

New Theology- BE DIFFERENT! Part 2

This is an addition to what I previously wrote concerning the 'BE DIFFERENT' mentality that is current in the Church. This is from a local new church plant as advertised by them:
"We are a different kind of church from what you probably are used to.

First, we believe it is okay to worship God in your own way. We won't try to put you in a box.

Second, we want you to come just as you are. If you are comfortable in jeans, then that's fine with us.

Third, and most importantly, we're not here to put you on a guilt trip. We all have our hangups. We gather together to be refreshed, encouraged, and blessed by the presence of God.

Maybe you have tried church before, and really didn't like what you found.

Well, we would like for you to give _________ a try this Sunday. Who knows...we might be just what you have been looking for!"

1 comment:

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

okay...so If I'm okay and you're okay...then what WAS the point of the cross again??

I dont need a "guilt trip" any more than the next person...but I do desire TRUTH...

I'd feel safer in a church that told me the truth (even if it was HARD and it required me to change something) than for someone to politely pat me on the back and never address an issue of sin that I may have a blind spot to.

That is what I love most about being a part of a church FAMILY. If there is an area of sin that I am blind to in my life, I know (and count on the fact) that one of my sister's in Christ will come to me and lovingly put an arm around me and share from the heart. That is the RESPONSIBILITY of true LOVE...you dont just just pat a friend on the back and knowingly watch them walk into a pit.

...well, I guess they do at "that church down the street!"

There's no place like home...
There's no place like home...

BTW, it was good to be back HOME this week!

Dawn