Saturday, September 02, 2006

Knee Pain and Surgery


The knee pain began on the inside of my right knee. It was most noticeable when sitting and upon rising it would be a sharp pain that would require a few seconds of stretching my leg to get it to stop.

I have been active all my life with running 5k's and 10k's, plus 5 marathons, playing tennis every Saturday, and racquetball twice a week. You can imagine my anguish as this knee pain began and increased in intensity. I stopped playing racquetball for a month hoping to overcome the problem. I continued playing tennis without much problem.

When I returned to racquetball one Thursday morning, I made a sharp turn to get to a ball hit along the side wall. The minute I twisted and put weight on the right knee, it happened. The pain was immediate and debilitating. I stopped play immediately.

A visit to my family doctor and a MRI told me that I had torn my meniscus in that knee. I gave God plenty of time to heal the knee.

Well a week ago Thursday, I had surgery on my knee. They put me out to do the procedure. The tear was more than the Doctor imagined. However, he repaired the meniscus. I have been going to Physical Therapy this week and I am doing great!

I am anxiously waiting the time I can return to tennis and maybe racquetball (?). The doctor said that I would be good to play again without any concerns.

So pray for me that God will give a quick recovery!

No comments: