Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Makes a Pastor Proud!



Watch the video clip than read below. I love pastoring these women at the Vine!

9-18-2006

Dear Pastor,
This past week I had the distinct privilege to lifeguard the Vine Fellowship Women's Retreat at Lakeview Camp in Maypearl, TX. A group of women from your church rented water activities down at the lake. One of the activities is the called the ‘blob.’ This is where you climb up 20 feet to a wood platform and jump down to a 40 foot balloon air mattress which in return launches the person that is seated at the other end of the blob out into the lake.

As I was watching your women’s group from the Vine Fellowship blob, I decided to blob some of the ladies myself. As I jumped out to the blob my left ring finger got caught on a nail sticking out from the wood and ripped my finger almost completely off.

Pastor, the women from your congregation rushed to my aid. They helped control the bleeding and started praying for healing immediately. One of the ladies pulled her own car up not caring about getting blood all over her car; she was only focused on my health and safety! As she rushed me up to my cabin I remember a lady in the back seat holding my head and praying constantly for healing and a healthy recovery from our Almighty Lord. She kept telling me it’s in God’s hands and everything will be ok.

God is so worthy of praise. Words cannot describe how thankful I am for the Vine Fellowship and the Women’s Retreat. The doctors were able to save my finger. It took 27 stitches to re-attach. They couldn’t understand how the finger was not completely severed. I know the answer to that, His name is ‘Jesus.’ The healer of healers, the best doctor anyone could have.

It is obvious that the love of Jesus flows thru everybody that helped assist in my recovery from the Vine Fellowship. Once again thank you Vine Fellowship for all your prayers. As praises go up to God may the blessings from the Lord come down on you.

God bless you all,
Blake Brueggemeyer

No comments: