Sunday, April 15, 2007

David Kerr- We all Can't be Bad?

You ever get those phone calls about things you've never done?

Creditors calling from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital wanting payment for a child you have never had there!

General Motors calling about the missed payment on a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe you don't own!

Other creditors calling about missed payments, again not me.

This one really got my attention. A call from a local Police officer wanting to set up an appointment with me. When I asked what it was about she said that my ex-wife had brought 'sexual assault charges towards my daughter' against me! Ouch!! When I tried to explain I was a Pastor, that didn't phase her (no wonder in today's climate). Then when I explained I was still married to my first and only wife, Debi, for 35 years and that I had 2 sons and NO daughters, only then did she start to listen. She finally realized she had wrongly obtained my phone number for somebody else who was in hot water! She apologized and said I wouldn't hear from her again. I told her not to take this wrong... but I was glad! I also told her as we were hanging up that she had scared the stew out of me! Again she apologized....

So, I decided to check and see how many of me there are out there. Here's the result:

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
572
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


Hopefully, we are not all bad!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

There are only 44 of me!

Ontario Emperor said...

Only 7 of me.

I haven't had anything as bad as you. The "worst" thing that happened is when we ran a credit report before refinancing, and we found out that we owe on property in Hawaii. Maybe I'll go visit "my" property some day and see if they let me in.