Monday, April 23, 2007

Absurdity #1- How Liberals Talk to Their Children!?! Updated-

Beginning a news series of posts about what I consider absurd(ridiculously unreasonable, unsound, or incongruous). Hope you like it. Send me info if you come across something you think needs to be included. Thank you in advance.

Alec Baldwin to his 11 year old daughter via cellphone-

I'm tired of playing this game with you. I'm leaving this message with you to tell you, you have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me! You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don't give a (bleep) that you're 12-years-old or 11 years-old or that you're a child or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the (bleep) who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone. This (bleep) you pull on me with this (bleep) phone situation, that you would never dream of doing to your mother, and you do it to me constantly, and over and over again! I am going to get on a plane, and I am going to come out there for the day, and I'm going to straighten your (bleep) out when I see you! Do you understand me? I'm going to reeeeeally make sure you get it! So I'm going to get on a plane. I'm going to turn around and I'm going to come home. So you better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. So I'm going to let you know just how I feel about what a rude little pig you really are. You are a rude, thoughtless little pig!

Anyone else upset by this? What do you think?

To me that is child abuse- he should be locked up!!!

updated-

Feuding Kim Basinger hired a bodyguard to protect her daughter Ireland after her ex-husband left an angry message on the girl's phone, it has been claimed.

The star is said to have arranged 24-hour cover for Ireland after her father labelled the 11-year-old a "thoughtless little pig" on the voicemail, which was leaked to the media.

Mother and daughter were seen in Los Angeles over the weekend - accompanied by the burly security man.



updated-

Actor Alec Baldwin will apologize to his daughter on national television on Friday for calling her a "thoughtless little pig," according to excerpts from a pre-taped ABC interview released on Thursday.

In the voice mail, Baldwin said he was furious at not being able to reach her for a prearranged phone conversation.

"Obviously, calling your child a pig or anything else is improper and inappropriate, and I apologize to my daughter for that," Baldwin said. "There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry ... I took it out on the wrong person."

Meanwhile, television therapist Dr. Phil McGraw revealed that Baldwin had called him for advice on Thursday and that the two had a "far-reaching, intense conversation" about the actor's daughter and his former spouse.

Ahhh, Dr. Phil to the rescue!!!!

1 comment:

Ronni Hall said...

Sadly that is all too familiar. Unfortunately, that also is similar to conversation I hear screamed out across the street from me.

What makes it worse, the systems are full of kids in much worse situations, and there just isn't the time to do anything about it. I've tried with the situation across the street, and I've been told unless the kid has injuries, they can't do anything.

I can tell you one thing, the injuries from verbal abuse go with you the rest of your life. It's sad.

People need Jesus so much more than they realize.