Monday, March 24, 2008

Kerr-isms #2 - quotes by yours truly!

"Hey Pastor friend, quit looking over the fence to greener grass -
because it may be over a septic tank!"
David Kerr

Php 4:11
Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. TMB

Content, satisfied with one's lot --

Having pastored the same church and in the same location for the past 18 years has taught me quite a lot about contentment. As I watch the new churches start, massive buildings and congregations, and significant resources, the Lord has helped me keep a proper perspective. I have kept my focus and not swerved from the path and journey I am on for more fame or riches!

My contentment is internal and in and from the Lord.

Therein lies the secret of my peace!

No comments: