Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Contents of Heart Cleansed!

When we were living in Pensacola, Debi's dad, Harry, had a janitorial business- 'Meticulous Cleaning.' (for those that know him it sounds like him doesn't it)

From time to time he would be called upon to clean a house where the occupants had moved out and left everything. Not too bad a job unless there was an unplugged refrigerator involved. One filled with rotting and putrid food left behind! How bad can that be you may ask?

Recently 7 individuals were taken to the hospital and 28 needed treatment for vomiting and nausea after an office worker in San Jose, California decided to clean out the office refrigerator. The AT&T building was evacuated by firefighters after someone called 911 due to the smell and the symptoms of the office workers. Authorities say that an office worker decided to clean out the refrigerator, which had been unplugged and was full of moldy food. The combination of the cleaning supplies used and the old food apparently caused many of the office workers to become ill.

There you have it, the stench can be unbearable!

I think of the things that are often found in our hearts. Pride, Sin, Rebellion, Anger, Greed, Malice, the list of Eph 4. 25-31! Often our hearts can be like that refrigerator- smelly, moldy, and toxic to those around us!

Only God can come to the refrigerator of our hearts (without a hazmat suit mind you) and clean the grossness of our hearts!

Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Eze 36:25-27 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Let's endeavor to keep our hearts pure and don't let junk build up in them!

1 comment:

Ronni Hall said...

you know sometimes you don't even know there is ICK until something drastic happens and the power is unplugged. mold won't grow where there is no bacteria...

... so I move a drawer and see the ick and go, where did THAT come from?