Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cell Phone - Making Life Easy?


Does owning a cell phone make ones life easier?

Ask the man washing his truck and talking to his son on his cell phone. He reaches down and feels the empty cell phone holder and panics. He's lost his cell phone! So he gets down on his knees to look into the floorboard of his truck for his cell phone. He's telling his son that he's lost his cell phone. His son replies, "Dad, you're talking to me on it." He pulls the cell phone away from his ear and looks at it then puts it back to his ear and tells his son he's right. Then he looks down at his trousers that are wet from the knees down from the water he knelt in.

Or how about the man who was in the mall talking to a salesman when his daughter calls him on his cell phone. He too discovers the missing phone from its holder. He walks out of the mall to his car thinking that he left it there. All the while he's talking to his daughter. He finally mentions that his cell phone is missing. His daughter says, "Dad, I called you on your cell phone!"

I was shopping with Debi during Christmas and while Debi was on one aisle I moved to the next. It was just me and a lady with a shopping cart. She was looking at items on one side of the aisle and I was across from her with my back to her. I then heard her say, "Hi, Hun." I froze! Was she propositioning me? What do I do? What do I say? I felt my face turning red as I glanced her way. She was talking on her cell phone to her husband. After she hung up, I said jokingly, "You sure scared me." She laughed and said that it happens all the time.

Cell phones- we talk on them:
while we're driving
on the elevators
in the restrooms
in the restaurant
in the theater
in church......

I think I will join SHHH!- Society for Handheld Hushing. They have a great solution:

No comments: