Friday, January 12, 2007

Blessed are those who mourn...

Matt 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. NIV
I am starting a series on Jesus teaching what we call the Beatitudes. The Bible says that we are to have the same attitude as Jesus! I pray that these will be life and mind changing messages.

The pic above of the President crying reminds me of why I like him. He is real and genuine, not like his detractors in Washington. They have to feign mourning, it is not genuine!

But a President who crys for the dead, wounded, sins of a nation, etc., is someone I can follow!

And Pastor friends, if you haven't cried recently, you need to get in touch with your God given emotions. I would rather follow a crying preacher that a 'strutting your stuff' preacher. Where has all the humility gone in the pulpit?

People are crying all around us! Jesus is touched by that and we should be also.

Matt 5:4
"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." from THE MESSAGE


Jesus wept, President Bush wept.... can that be said of you?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried when they were building our Starbuck's... tears of joy...

hope things are well (clap, clap) deep in the heart of Texas.

Rebecca said...

You know...when I told President Bush Andi's story he cried like that. He isn't fake...he has real emotions and is an

I hope you guys aren't frozen like we are here in Oklahoma. It's an ice box here. Road are impassable. But, thank the Lord we have power.

Rebecca said...

Well, as you can see my post messed up...what I was saying is that the President is an absolute wonderful person...for real.