Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Somebody's listening!

My prayer over the tithes and offerings each Sunday is as follows:

Lord, bless our great city of Arlington with industry and businesses. We have people who want to work and live here. As they are faithful to You in their jobs, please give them raises, bonuses and increases. Bless those in our church with an entrepreneur spirit to start businesses and bless our business owners and prosper them. Give us clever and witty inventions that we too might make wealth. Now we are not greedy, nor covetous, and we do not want to consume it upon ourselves, but having our own needs met we are able to give to others and into the Kingdom of God. Amen.

That is how I pray each and every Sunday. I received an email last night from a Dad that attends the church:

I was praying with my children tonight, and Lyric, who's 10, prayed "Lord give daddy more work so we can get more money, not to consume it upon ourselves, but to give it to other people after our expenses. Amen."

lol! At least somebody's listening!

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

I really like this prayer. I was reading Psalms and Proverbs last night. I always get some good business ideas there, praying for wisdom etc. Solomon was pretty well off.

I like your blog and the positive nature of it.

Great stuff.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/