Monday, January 15, 2007

Pastor David admits, "I Am Addicted..."

That's right, I am hopelessly addicted to....the TV show '24.'

One of the tensest, most intriguing television shows airing today, the critically acclaimed 24 has captured my attention and that of millions of viewers. Created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, 24 has become one of FOX's leading TV shows. It centers around its main protagonist, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), as well as a plethora of supporting characters. Bauer, a skilled government agent, works in the Counter Terrorist Unit, located in Los Angeles. Over the course of five thrilling seasons, Jack Bauer has evaded terrorists, nuclear weapons, assassins, and many other sinister figures, all with equally sinister goals in mind. 24 is highly unique in the fact that each season takes place over 24 hours in real time, with each episode spanning one hour of the day.

And now 'Jack is back' with the 6th season thrilling 4 hour opener spreading over last night and tonight. However, because of a friend who loaned me the pre-release DVD of the 4 episodes plus first 10 minutes of the 5th installment, we were able to watch it all last night at a friend's home on a big screen TV.

WOW, how do these writers keep coming up with these almost true to life scenarios? They do awesome writing, there is superb acting and great film work!

I am addicted to it... I admit it... I don't want help though until the season is over!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May we NEVER be delivered from this addiction! Bring it on Jack!!

Rebecca said...

You totally crack me up!!! We are getting ready to watch Season 5 (please no spoilers) because I think I would die if I had to watch the show every week verses sitting down and watching the entire season over one solid weekend. This is how it works...we load up the kitchen with junk food and just plan not to cook, not to sleep until we drop, let the kids run wild (they are old enough to fend for themselves) and get comfy. And then let Jack take over. WoooHoooo!!!!! Next thing we know the whole family is glued to the TV. You just can't watch one.