Monday, June 30, 2008

Liberty Fellowship - 37th Wedding Anniversary!

Debi and I left IMMEDIATELY (notice my stressing immediately) after service Sunday to catch a 1:15PM flight to Atlanta, GA. We were on our way to Liberty Fellowship’s annual summer conference in Lake Junaluska, NC. We rented a car (reserved economy - they upgraded us to a convertible no additional charge - we must look like convertible people!) and drove the 3½ hours through the beautiful NC Mountains including the Great Smokey Mountains. This is familiar territory to us having grown up in Bristol VA/TN.

The presbytery will be meeting during this time and it is a very important meeting. I can’t say much now but will share with you soon why I am asking you to pray for me and God’s wisdom. I know I can count on you.

1 Tim 3:2(TLB)For a pastor must be a good man whose life cannot be spoken against. He must have only one wife, and he must be hard working and thoughtful, orderly, and full of good deeds. He must enjoy having guests in his home and must be a good Bible teacher.

Please notice the above emphasis on ‘one wife.’ Debi and I will celebrate our 37th Wedding Anniversary while there on July 3rd. I am delighted that I can live with the ‘wife of my youth’ and that we have maintained a great healthy and heavenly marriage all these years. She is a complete joy to me and one that I don’t take for granted. God has used her to help mold and shape me into the man that I am today. I esteem her highly for the Lord’s sake. Debi, I love you and thank you for loving me and forbearing with me all these years. May God grant us many more to come!

We finish our Presbytery meeting on Friday morning and we will drive back to Atlanta staying the night and then flying back to Arlington on Saturday. I will be in the pulpit next Sunday.

In light of this week being July 4th, I want you to know that Jesus Christ has set us free and free indeed. We are to die to sin and live to and for Him. We are no longer under condemnation. You can't get any cleaner but you can go deeper!

No comments: